P.S.A.'S · 28th October 2012
Terrace Daily News
Rules of the Forum
• There will three categories of questions:
Individuals may submit one per category
• One for Chairperson of the Council of Elders
• Questions will be written on paper handed out at the door upon arrival.
• Questions will be placed in appropriate boxes by people collecting them in upper area.
• Moderator will select a question out of one box and address appropriate category.
• Questions will be read by moderator.
• Each candidate will get the same question and the categories will alternate.
• The questions will not start with same candidate each turn but will reverse order on each new question.
• Candidates will be seated according to the list from left to right. They will have name cards placed in where they will be seated.
Timed Response Rules for Questions
• Each candidate will have three minutes to respond to the questions.
• There will be two people working on timing; one on the clock and the other holding up a sign to indicate the time left. They will sit in audience where candidates will see the cards held up.
• One minute left, 15 seconds left, and TIME
• The moderator will expect the candidate to stop when the sign is held up.
Candidates and the Positions for the 2012 Election
Chairperson of the Council of Elders:
NLG NATIONAL OFFICER CANDIDATES FORUM PROGRAM
Welcome by MC, Herbert Morven
Introduction of T’simshian elder for welcome and blessing.
Arlene Roberts has arranged elder spokesperson.
Introduction to Peter McKay
Nisga'a youth to recite the Declaration of the Nisga'a Nation, Nisga’a Constitution
MC reads out candidates’ names from list.
Opening Prayer by MC
Introduction to Marian Laval Moderator
Provides a brief of the rules
Candidates Opening Comments
Each one has three minutes for introductory comments.
3 questions per category
3 (8x3)= 68mins
Closing Remarks and Prayer by MC – thank you for all volunteers and supporters for this event.
Refreshments in lower lobby and donations being accepted (to cover the cost of rental).