REPORTING · 21st March 2010
The old parking area of Emerson between Park and Davis, where the construction crew is currently framing the roof structures for the new Band Shell will get a new name.
The City has determined renaming it "Market Street" will help in drawing notoriety to the area which will be used for the Skeena Valley Farmers Market on Saturdays throughout the year. The area will be paved and lines will be painted. Presently the concrete, paving stones and sidewalks at the south end is complete with the contractor already planting the trees and shrubs.
City Planner David Block stated the jog in the Street at Park Avenue and the dead end (termination) at Davis, makes for a natural fit and a name change.
The original three blocks of Emerson, which Block writes was surveyed by George Little, the founder of Terrace, in 1911 will remain named Emerson.
The roof structure. a fabric composite material will be stretched over this framework.
The large section awaits framing material to be placed.
The band shell posts are ready for the three roof sections, two smaller end sections and one larger middle section