CONTRIBUTION · 7th October 2010
Here are some comments made by sports commentators that I'm sure they would like to take back:
1. Grand Prix Race Announcer: "The lead car is absolutely, truly unique, except for the one behind it which is exactly identical to the one in front of the similar one in back."
2. Greg Norman, Pro Golfer: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."
3. Ringside Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries and even some deaths in boxing - but none of them really that serious."
4. Baseball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."
5. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."
6. Well, its Liverpool two, Ipswich nil, and if the score stays this way, I've got to fancy Liverpool for the win.
7. He had an eternity to play that ball, but took too long.
8. And so they have not been able to improve on their 100% record.
9. With the last kick of the soccer game, he scored with a header.
10. Well, it's a fabulous kaleidoscope of colour: almost all the Brazilians are wearing yellow shirts.
11. If that had gone on, it would definitely have been a goal.
12. Their manager, Howard Wilkinson, isn't here today, which strongly suggests that he may be elsewhere.
13. I am a firm believer that if one team scores a goal, the other need to score two to win.
14. If a team scores early on, it often takes an early lead.
15. You cannot possibly have counted the number of passes made, but there were eight.