NEWS RELEASE · 21st January 2011
In the early evening hours of January 20th, Terrace RCMP received a report that the motel lobby at the Rainbow Inn was on fire. Police arrived on scene to find the night manager outside the hotel lobby and the lobby it self fully engulfed in flames. Police immediately evacuated all of the adjacent suites. There were no injuries to anyone involved. The Terrace Fire Department arrived extinguished the blaze shortly thereafter.
Investigators have since determined that the fire started as the result of a refrigerator having been pushed up against a wall where the coils on the rear overheated and ignited. There is nothing suspicious and police have concluded the investigation.