Ballet Kelowna is returning to Terrace on March 29th to perform at the REM Lee Theatre at 7:30 pm. Don't miss what promises to be an outstanding performance. Repertoire Includes:
1) Artistic Director David LaHay’s engaging Dvorak Dances (2006) - set to a selection of Czech composer Antonin Dvorak’s popular Slavonic Dances - is inspired by the grand ballrooms of a bygone era, and playfully explores the formalities and frivolities of the flirtatious noble life.
2) In The Flower Festival Pas de Deux (1858) Auguste Bournonville tells the delightful story of young lovers in Genzano.
3) Returning choreographer Gioconda Barbuto debuts her much anticipated, newly commissioned ballet Capture that is set to the music of Montreal composer Michael Oesterle. The action and reaction of the dancers with each other determines the beginning, middle and end of this intimate exploration of space.
4) Simone Orlando’s stage within (2010) reveals how a dancer must face the emotionally shattering reality of the end of her career as she embraces the spotlight and her audience one last time.
5) Choreographed in 1999, David LaHay’s In Stride is the direct consequence of challenging the classically trained ballet dancer to throw out all the stringent rules of ballet and explore linear and angular movement that mirrors the hard-driving and pulsating music of Glenn Branca.
Ticket Price - Adult $35, Senior $25, Student/Youth $15 (all prices include HST)
Group Discounts - Groups of 8 or more 20% off regular prices
Ticket Sales - George Little House P:(250) 638 8887 or contact www.balletkelowna.ca/purchase-tickets/