British Columbia's Community Gaming Grant Review will hold a community forum Thursday, Sept. 1 at the Coast Inn of the West in Terrace, 8:30am - 12:30pm.
Skip Triplett, appointed last month by Premier Christy Clark to lead the independent review, is examining the role of government in allocating gaming revenue with input from charities, non-profits, community members, local government and others who would like to participate.
The Terms of Reference include reviewing and providing options for:
* Existing legislation governing community gaming grant funding.
* Funding formula.
* Criteria/eligibility for community gaming grants.
* Processes involved with applying for and receiving community gaming grants.
* A multi-year funding model.
* The future role of government in community gaming grants.
The Terrace forum, which is open to all, will run from 8:30 a.m. until12:30 p.m. on Sept. 1 at the Coast Inn of the West, 4620 Lakelse Ave.
To reserve a speaking time, groups or individuals wishing to make an oral presentation at the forum must register online at:www.communitygaminggrantreview.gov.bc.ca
Those simply wishing to attend are also encouraged to register online.
Submissions to the review are also being accepted by email, FAX, or mail. Triplett's final report is due to government by Monday, Oct. 31.
* Community Gaming Grants currently help support the delivery of programs and services in the following sectors:
o Human and social services.
o Public safety.
o Youth arts and culture.
o Fairs, festivals and museums.
o Parent advisory councils.
o Sports for youth and people with disabilities.
* Gaming generates more than $1 billion in revenue per year for the B.C. government.
* In 2010-11, $135 million in Community Gaming Grants - a 12.5 per cent increase over the previous year - was distributed to approximately 6,000 non-profit and charitable organizations in B.C.
* Community Gaming Grant Review forums are being held in the North, Interior, Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland in August and September.
Find out more about the review, including the time and location of all community forums, as well as registration and presentation information, through the Community Gaming Grant Review Website at:www.communitygaminggrantreview.gov.bc.ca
Submissions can be made until 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 16, 2011:
* Through the website: www.communitygaminggrantreview.gov.bc.ca
* By mail: PO Box 9827 Stn Prov Govt, Victoria BC, V8W 9W4
* FAX: 250 356-2842
* Email: communitygaminggrantreview,,,gov.bc.ca