NEWS RELEASE · 12th September 2011
Since Friday, Sept 9 at 17:00hrs, these are some of the events Terrace RCMP responded to:
- Police arrested 3 males for public intoxication and lodged them in cells till sober
- Verbal argument between a female, her boyfriend, and her sister.
- 2 false alarms
- Disturbance of two males at the Husky throwing items around. They were gone when police arrived and patrols turned up negative
- Dog in car. Police attended and found the dog with the owner and dog was fine
- Two suspicious occurrences
Elsewhere in Terrace
- Four males were lodged in cells for intoxicated in a public place
- Police assisted the ambulance with an intoxicated female in George Little Park. She was transported to the hospital.
- Domestic dispute on Pear St: a female suffered visible minor injuries. A male was arrested and then later released on a PTA with conditions
- Report received of a suspicious parked vehicle. Patrols were made in the area and vehicle was not located.
- Police arrested a female causing a disturbance at Mills Memorial Hospital. She was lodged in cells and released later.
- Youth were setting off fire crackers at Clarence Michael School. Patrols were made in the area
- A complaint was received of loud youth near Loen Ave. The group was found and warned of their behaviour.
- A complaint was received of a group of loud youth in Christie Park. Patrols were made.
- Patrols were made in the vicinity of Scott Ave for a sound of shots fired, nothing was found
- A complaint was received of a disturbance on Park Ave. There was a verbal argument between two people.
- Police attended to five false alarms
- A complaint was received of three intoxicated people on Little Ave. One fourteen year old male who was reported missing earlier that day was transported home. One sixteen year old female was transported home.
One intoxicated adult male was lodged in cells for being intoxicated in a public place.
- A bear was causing problems on Little Ave and Clinton St. Attempts to locate the bear were negative.
- There was a complaint of a group of girls smoking marihuana in the Library Park. The group was located and spoken with. Marihuana was not found.
- Police dealt with a custody issue
- There were 3 erratic driver complaints
- A panhandler was arrested for mischief at the Wholesale Club. This person was released from custody, and banned from the store.
- A intoxicated male tore apart his neighbor’s back steps. He was arrested for mischief, lodged till sober, and then released on a PTA with an undertaking
- There were two complaints of loud parties: Scott Ave, Olson Ave
- A complaint was received of youth drinking at Skeena Secondary School. Four youth were found in possession of liquor and were issued violation tickets
- Police witnessed a fight at the Denny’s restaurant while on patrol. The aggressor was arrested and lodged in cells for intoxicated in a public place. The victim did not want the matter pursued further.
- There was a complaint of a domestic dispute on Haugland. A male was arrested for assault and released on a
PTA with conditions
- There was a sudden death on Graham Ave.
- There was a report of a fight on Kalum Street. The matter is still under investigation
- A complaint was received of aggressive pan handlers at the Zion Baptist Church. Three people were told to move on or further action would be taken under the Safe Streets Act.
- A complaint was received of theft of medication from a roommate.
- False 911 call
- Police assisted the hospital with a missing psych patient. The patient returned on his own later that day.
- Police assisted Seven Sisters with three calls regarding missing psych patients.
- There was an accident between a car and a pocket bike on Kenney St and Walsh Ave resulting in damages under $1000
- Police received a complaint of a suspicious sound on Little Ave. Patrols were negative and the caller was assured that it was quiet and to call back if anything appeared suspicious again.
- Police are investigating a mischief complaint on Sockeye Creek St
- A break and enter occurred at a residence on Heppel Ave on the night of September 9 sometime between 5 PM and 1 AM. A computer was taken, but it was left outside of the residence. Access was gained thru a window that was left open
- False alarm: Orde Rd
- Police are investigating a theft of items from a shed on Kroyer St.
- Police received a complaint of an unwanted person at a residence on Braun St. Matter is still under investigation.
- There was a report of a suspicious male wandering the area around Edlund Ave. Police attended and were unable to locate the male.
- Police attended to a report of a suicidal female on Queensway Dr. She was transported to the hospital for assessment. She was intoxicated.
- False Alarm- Sande Ave
- There was a report of suspicious phone call received, claiming ties to CIBC
Kitsumkalum, Kitselas, Gitaus
No calls for service