NEWS RELEASE · 15th September 2011
Over the past 24 hours these are some of the events Terrace RCMP responded to:
- complaint received of people sleeping in the bushes on Park Ave. A baby stroller was observed near them. Police located three females and one male, no baby. Everyone had been drinking the previous evening. They moved on.
- black leather wallet was lost at Safeway
- called to assist BC Ambulance with intoxicated female. Female was arrested for public intoxication and lodged in cells. She was on a Judge’s undertaking to abstain from the consumption of alcohol. When sober she was released on a PTA for breaching the undertaking.
- person was worried that intoxicated mother was out and about in Terrace. The mother was located and found to be intoxicated, but not a danger to herself or the public.
- an intoxicated female was observed staggering down the middle of the road. She was lodged in cells. When sober she was released with a violation ticket for public intoxication.
- a female was soliciting people for change. She was issued a violation ticket under the Safe Streets Act
- complaint received of possible impaired driver. The vehicle was located and the driver spoken with. No signs of alcohol impairment were noted.
- an intoxicated male was observed walking on Lakelse Ave. He was arrested and lodged in cells. He was issued a violation ticket for public intoxication.
Elsewhere in Terrace
- three rings were lost possibly around Spa Essentials. They were white gold.
- on the 14th at approximately 8 PM a white bicycle was stolen from Chances Casino. Surveillance video showed a male riding it away. The bike is a white mountain bike with rust on the tips of the handle bars.
- anonymous complaint received of two males breaking windows on Keith Ave. Police attended and located three males and one female in the area. A dump truck and a logging truck had its windows smashed. A sixteen year old male was arrested for mischief. A twenty one year old male was arrested for public intoxication. The father of the youth who was arrested attended to the detachment to pick up his son and is wanting to pay for the damages.
- false alarm
- a bear was shot by police on Sparks St. At 1:01 AM this morning.
- false alarm
Kitsumkalum, Kitselas, Gitaus
- false alarm
- investigation into obtaining a peace bond for an individual was launched.
Comment by Tara Lynn on 15th September 2011
I think it's good to read. So many false alarms it seems! Also a lot of public intoxication!
Comment by MaggieJo on 15th September 2011
These regular postings serve as educational tools for the Community as well.
While we review these reports, we can speak amongst one another at work, schools, home - "What is lacking in our Community where our RCMP forces are being "tapped out" to tend to call-outs that could have been totally avoided in the first place?"
Transparency = truth = personal conviction = preventative measures = action.
Great addition to this news site
Comment by Calvin C on 15th September 2011
This 24 hour update of the RCMP is very entertaining and builds awareness.