NEWS RELEASE · 17th September 2011
Over the past 24 hours (Friday to Saturday) these are some of the events Terrace RCMP responded to:
- two (2) abandoned 911 call, dialed in error.
- large group of youths causing problems at McDonalds, police attended and youths scattered, no damages.
- one (1) 90 day IRP issued.
- police responded to a neighbour dispute.
- three intoxicated people reported
- male issued a violation ticket for urinating in public
Elsewhere in Terrace
- report of suspicious male on Ferry Island. Police patrolled and located a male who appeared agitated, but was otherwise aware. Male was provided a ride home.
- report of a lost clarinet from school
- report of a hit and run collision in the Canadian Tire parking lot.
- some power tools were found and turned into police. Complainant suspected there were stolen; however, police have not been able to match the tools to any reported thefts or break and enters.
- report of youths drinking in the 5000 block of Walsh. Patrols were made; however, no one was located.
- report of two youths stealing "Loose Gravel" sign from construction zone on McConnell Ave.
- report of a bear in the 4900 block of Pohle Ave
- youth called police to report kids in neighbourhood were calling him names.
- suspicious intoxicated female panhandling for cigarettes reported near Mills Memorial. Patrols negative.
- police responded to a Emotionally Disturbed Person and found they posed no danger to themselves or others.
- report of a missing youth, who later returned on own.
- police responded to a break and enter and assault. An intoxicated male was arrested near the scene after the home owners came home to find an unknown male in their house. When told to leave, the male allegedly assaulted one of the residence. The male is currently in police custody.
- police responded to a suicidal male. The male was located and agreed to attend Mills Memorial with police.
- intoxicated male found in breach of his release conditions. The male resisted arrest and eluded police. Male is currently at large.
- vehicle located on Ferry Island and checked. Passenger found to have drug paraphernalia on their person. No charges pending.
- report of a fraudulent invoices being received by a company for internet services.
- one (1) 90 day IRP issued, one (1) 3 day IRP issued.
- report of a fight at a house party. Police attended and spoke to home owner who was not aware of any problems.
- police responded with ambulance to a report of an extremely intoxicated youth.
- report of a theft from unlocked vehicle. Police would like to remind everyone to lock their doors and keep all valuables in a vehicle out of sight.
- report of a youth causing problems on the reserve
- no calls for service received.
- report of a single vehicle collision on Hwy 37 S. No injuries
- report from Air Traffic Controller reporting a possible plane crash. Police located the pilot and confirmed he had landed safely, but had forgotten to update the Controller.
- concerned citizen reported an RV had been parked near Kleanza Creek for over a week. Police were able to contact the owner, who confirmed everything was fine and they were attempting to arrange to have repairs made.
- report of an abandoned vehicle on Hwy 16 W
- report of a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed on Hwy 16 E. Charges pending.
- report of a possible drunk driver on Hwy 113
- police responded to two missing intoxicated youths on Lakelse Lake. Search and Rescue was called out after the two reportedly took a paddle boat and went out onto the lake two hours previous. The two were located safe on McBride Ave and provided with a ride home.