‘Bank Transfer Day’ Gains Momentum on Facebook.
In about 18 days, more than 50,000 people plan to send a message to banks: Goodbye.
In an event titled “Bank Transfer Day” thousands are signing up to leave large banks in favor of credit unions on or before Saturday, November 5, over what some call unethical practices.Read ABC News Consumer Report HereWhile the Bank Transfer Day movement acknowledges the enthusiasm from Occupy Wall Street, the Bank Transfer Day movement was neither inspired by, derived from nor organized by the Occupy Wall Street movement, and the Bank Transfer Day movement does not endorse any activities conducted by Occupy Wall Street.
Together we can ensure that these banking institutions will always remember the 5th of November!! If the 99% removes our funds from the major banking institutions to non-profit credit unions on or by 11/05, we will send a clear message to the 1% that conscious consumers won't support companies with unethical business practices.
• Research your local credit union options
• Open an account with the one that best suits your needs
• Cancel all automatic withdrawals & deposits
• Transfer your funds to the new account
• Follow your bank's procedures to close your account on or before 11/05
Re-invest in our local communities through the transfer of funds from "big banks" to credit unions.
• Contact Bank Transfer Day
Email - info,,,banktransferday.org
The page in the cause category on FB called Bank Transfer Day where you can:
• RSVP to Bank Transfer Day
• ,,,BankTransferDay on Twitter
• Download FlyersFind a Credit Union in the United States Find a Credit Union in CanadaFind a Credit Union in the United Kingdom
Read the FAQ on the Facebook Page in their notes.
• Why was BTD started?
• Who's behind BTD?
• How do I join in?
• Why can't I invite people?
• Why credit unions?
• Won't this cause another depression?
Click on the attachment below to see this image of all bank mergers.