The Enbridge Joint Review Panel public oral presentation process is beginning on Monday, April 23, in Smithers, BC at the Hudson Bay Lodge. Anyone wishing to speak to the panel or the process needed to be registered by April 16.
This applies only to the Smithers hearings beginning at 1 pm Monday. There is still time, for those who applied to speak last year, to select a time to speak at another location, but one must take action soon as Terrace is approaching the deadline to register, May 30, 2012.
Those who applied to speak last year, (one of the over 4000 who signed up)
, need to select a time and place to deliver their presentation. Online it is very simple. Click on this link - https://www.eply.com/client/NEB/login.aspx
- and enter the email address used when signing up to speak. Move to the bottom of the form and click Next.
The next page will provide the information the Panel has listed for that email address along with a drop down menu for the community one may wish to address the panel. After selecting the community another drop down menu appears allowing a day and time period (morning, afternoon or evening) to be selected. Once the community, day and time period has been selected, the person clicks on the proceed button and the Joint Review Panel (JRP) sends a confirmation notice to the email address used.
The Smithers option is no longer available and is scheduled to hear presentations into the beginning of May. Those who missed their opportunity to speak in Smithers if this is where they wanted to speak, still have the opportunity to speak in another community. Burns Lake, Ft St James and Hazelton are not scheduled for oral hearings until the second half of July. The deadlines for registering in these communities are July 10, July 12 and July 23 respectively.
Kitamaat Village will be entertaining the JRP on June 25, 26 and 27 at the Haisla Recreation Centre and the deadline to register is June 18.
Prince Rupert will be hearing the Oral evidence at the North Coast Meeting and Convention Centre between May 24th and May 28th and the deadline to select a time and day is May 17.
Terrace is the next Community to be visited by the JRP (following Smithers) and the deadline is Wednesday, April 30, for registering to present at the hearings, which begin on May 7. May 7 is already full and the morning session on May 8 is also full (as of 8 am Sunday April 22 there was only one spot open).
If readers are interested in presenting their oral evidence to the JRP the following is a list of times and days available in the upcoming communities as of 8 am Sunday April 22, 2012.Terrace; Registration deadline Wednesday April 30
Kitsumkalum Community Hall 14295 Highway 16 WestMonday May 7
0 spaces availableTuesday May 8
between 9 am and 12 pm 1 space availableTuesday May 8
between 1 pm and 5:30 pm 13 spaces availableWednesday May 9
- between 9 am and 12 pm 14 spaces availableWednesday May 9
- between 1 pm and 5:30 pm 18 spaces availableThursday May 10
- between 9 am and 12 pm 11 spaces availableThursday May 10
between 1 pm and 5 pm 0 spaces availablePrince Rupert; Registration deadline Thursday May 17
North Coast Meeting and convention Centre 240 1st avenue WestThursday May 24
- between 9 am and 12 pm 8 spaces availableThursday May 24
- between 1 pm and 5 pm 16 spaces availableFriday May 25
- between 9 am and 12 pm 14 spaces availableFriday May 25
- between 1 pm and 5 pm 17 spaces availableSaturday May 26
- between 9 am and 12 pm 10 spaces availableSaturday May 26
- between 1 pm and 5 pm 18 spaces availableMonday May 28
- between 1 pm and 5 pm 0 spaces availableMonday May 28
- between 7 pm and 9 pm 0 spaces availableKitamaat Village; Registration deadline Monday June 18
Haisla Recreation Centre 1538 JasseeMonday June 25
- between 1 pm and 5 pm 9 spaces availableTuesday June 26
- between 1 pm and 5 pm 12 spaces availableTuesday June 26
- between 1 pm and 5 pm 5 spaces availableWednesday June 27
- between 9 am and 12:30 pm 0 spaces availableWednesday June 27
- between 1 pm and 5 pm 0 spaces availableBurns Lake; Registration deadline Tuesday July 10
Island Gospel Fellowship Church 810 Highway 35Tuesday July 17
- between 9 am and 12 pm 9 spaces availableTuesday July 17
- between 1 pm and 3 pm 0 spaces availableFt St James; Registration deadline Thursday July 12
David Hoy Elementary School 1 Birch StreetTuesday July 19
- between 9 am and 12 pm 2 spaces availableTuesday July 19
- between 1 pm and 5 pm 0 spaces availableHazelton; Registration deadline Monday July 23
Location yet to be announcedMonday July 30
- between 9 am and 12 pm 13 spaces availableMonday July 30
- between 1 pm and 5 pm 16 spaces availableTuesday July 31
- between 9 am and 12 pm 15 spaces available