Terrace City Council passed the following resolutions at our May 2012 Council meetings. City Council meeting minutes are available on our website at www.terrace.ca.
• That the presentation on the Art Walk Project from Yvonne Moen and Debbie Letawski be received and that the bear paws be painted in City blue and that Administration look at ways to support the Art Walk Project
• That the City Council accept the challenge to participate in the Bike to Work Week from May 28—June 3rd, and that the link to Bike To Work Week be added to the front page of the City’s website
• That the City of Terrace issue a Development Permit to permit the renovation of the exterior façade and site improvements of an existing commercial retail store property
• That the City enter into the 20 year Municipal Police Unit Agreement with the Province of BC that came into effect April 1, 2012
• That the Terrace Regional Transit Annual Operating Agreement be approved
• That the 2011 Audited Financial Statements be approved and the 2011 Financial Report be received
• That the purchase of electronic tablets for Council members be referred back to Administration for further research and report back to Council
• That the City submit a grant application to the Brownfield Renewal Funding Program for a Detailed Site Investigation for the former Co-op site
• That the City apply to the Union of BC Municipalities for funding for the following Capital and Capacity Building/Integrated Community Sustainability projects in the May 2012 application period: > Zoning Bylaw Re-view and Regulatory Bylaws Update > City of Terrace Landfill Leachate Collection System Upgrade and Monitoring Project
• That Councillor Davies be appointed as the delegate to the Terrace- Kitimat Airport Society AGM
• That the Airport Revitalization Tax Exemption Bylaw be read by title only and adopted
• That Council approve $500 from Council Unbudgeted to create a “Moving To Terrace” button on the City’s landing page to provide easy access to information about moving to Terrace
• That the Greater Terrace Seniors’ Advisory Committee presentation be received, and that their request for travel funds be referred to Administration to determine the City’s past practices regarding requests for travel funding
• That a meeting is set up with the Greater Terrace Seniors’ Advisory Committee to discuss their mandate and relationship with the City
• A motion to refer a presentation from CAW 2301 to the Community Impacts Task Force was defeated
• That the City commit to funding 50% of the municipal portion of the cost of a Police Service Dog, with the remaining 50% of the municipal portion of the cost to be borne by the City of Prince Rupert, so a Police Service Dog will be stationed in Terrace
• That the City provide a letter of support to the Northwest Regional Airport for the RNAV Approach Project and the High Intensity Runway and Approach Lighting Project
• That the City provide a letter of support for the establishment of CAN-PASS at the Northwest Regional Airport
• That the City of Terrace provide a supportive comment to the Environ-mental Assessment of the Proposed Kitsault Mine Project
• That the Thornhill Junior Secondary School Band be invited to an up-coming Council meeting to receive a certificate of appreciation for their accomplishments Full May edition attached belowI hope you enjoy this edition and find it a useful way to hear about what is happening in the community and what we are working on at City Council and in our city administrative departments and community organizations.
You can find the newsletter on our website at www.terrace.ca, on my Facebook page at Dave Pernarowski Mayor of Terrace, and in paper format at the Terrace Sportsplex, the Terrace Public Library, the Public Works Building, the Aquatic Centre, and Terrace City Hall. I also deliver it to the Elephant’s Ear, Cafenara Coffee Shop, A&W, and Tim Horton’s on Keith Avenue.
I always welcome your comments and ideas.
Anyone wishing to be included in the emailing list to receive these newsletters please email the mayor at - dr79,,,telus.net